Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hulu (Thing 19)

I have heard about Hulu but I have never been to the website until now. I caught the first night of The Voice on tv a few weeks ago and really liked it. I forgot to DVR the show and missed all the following episodes so I watched the beginning of the 2nd episode on Hulu. Pretty neat! It's amazing they don't charge a small subscription fee to watch it but if you are watching it from home you are already paying a monthly Internet access fee.

I know our youth DVD collection is extremely popular (I'm not sure about the adult collection), but I don't think Hulu and its other competitors will have a negative impact on our DVD collections in the near future. I think a lot of parents check out DVD's for their kids to watch in the car (this includes myself) or on the big screen at home rather than putting their (younger) kids in front of the home computer to watch a movie or show on Hulu. Children also like to come and look at the DVD choices to make their OWN selections. It makes them feel very grown up - just like when they get to pick out their own books.

No comments:

Post a Comment