Monday, May 16, 2011

Reflection (Thing 23)

I just completed the last Thing and completed the survey! I learned a tremendous amount of information on social media (in a short amount of time) through 23 Things. I thought I was some what knowledgeable when it came to technology and social media but this definitely proved me wrong.

Here is a list of social media I had never used before 23 Things. (Please don't judge me.)
RSS Feeds, Wikis, Tiny URL, Google Docs, LibraryThing or GoodReads, Delicious, Tagging, and Digg

I used these things before I started 23 Things:
You Send It, Google Maps, Facebook, Linked In, Instant Messaging, Twitter, Blogs, and Picture Sharing

I think social media in libraries is extremely important and will become even more important in the future. Libraries can use social media to communicate with their current patrons and to reach out to gain new patrons. I think FPL is doing a great job using social media like twitter, blogs, Facebook, and You Tube. I know it takes a lot of time, committees, meetings, and behind the scene work to get it in place and rolling. I have really enjoyed doing my very small part in writing several blog posts for the new FPL Parent blog. Speaking of blog posts, I have one to write now!

Thank you Adam and Elizabeth for putting this together. It was definitely worth all of your time and effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment