Monday, March 28, 2011

Facebook (Thing 12)

I have had a Facebook account for a while now (even though I did rebel it at first). I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. I love that you can communicate with people all over the world from your past and present. I also love that a friend who took a great picture of my kids can post it and tag me and then I have a copy of the picture. I hate how it sucks you in and when you think you have only been on for a few minutes an hour has passed. I very rarely post comments and usually end up reading other peoples posts. I think it is pretty silly when people post the small things they are doing like 'drinking a good cup of coffee' or 'just finished watching American Idol'. I only check my Facebook account once a week which I know is not the norm. I just posted a comment that Frisco Library rocks and put a link to the spring story time schedule. Maybe my mom friends that haven't tried story time will see the post and attend. I did become a fan of the Frisco Library! Whoo hoo! I think the Frisco Library does a great job 'humanizing its page'. The library staff (not sure who) makes sure to post a comment on a daily basis and they also do a good job in posting information that would be interesting to both adults (without kids) and parents. The only suggestion I can think of at the moment for the Frisco Library Facebook page would be to add more information/posts that would cacth the attention of the teens. Since Facebook is so popular with the teens, this could be a way to increase our friend count. I love David Lee King's analogy of a Facebook page like a party. It is so true. The more friends and the more action you have going on in your Facebook page, the livelier the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment