Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tiny URL and You Send It (Thing 13 & 14)

So I skipped ahead and did Thing 16 (Google Docs) before I did Thing 13 & 14 which worked out really well. I needed to make a Google Doc for Cindy so she could have the student tellers sign up for their own coaching sessions to cut down on emails and phone calls. So I made the Google Doc and then went to the Tiny URL website and made this long url https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AlMBdTJHtvgJdEYtVFVFd1hTUW1lS3J5ZS1uYjctOHc&hl=en#gid=0 into
http://tinyurl.com/2011studenttellerschedule. Not only is this a shorter url to send to the student tellers but a more memorable url! Tiny URL is a great tool!

I actually used You Send It several years ago when I was doing marketing for golf courses. When I needed to send large pictures and ad files back and forth to the printer for proofs we would use You Sent It. I haven't used it in a while so I went and uploaded a large picture file and emailed it to my personal email. It is super easy and quick! I am trying to remember what we did before You Send It when we had to get large files to another company by a certain deadline. I think we wasted a lot of money with Fed Ex!


No comments:

Post a Comment