Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Twitter (Thing 5)

I set up my Twitter account today! The first time I tried to sign up I received this message: Twitter is over capacity. Too funny. Just shows you  how popular it really is. I am now following a few organizations but no friends. I really don't have the desire to receive any friend tweets. I already think it is a little ridiculous when people post on their Facebook pages that they are 'tired and need a nap' or 'having a rough day'. I think it is odd that they take the time to post comments on where they are at or how they are feeling, but that is just my opinion.

Now, from a company's position I think Twitter can be a very useful tool in staying in touch with customers. Twitter is a very effective, quick, and free marketing tool for a library to stay in constant communication with its patrons. Just think, before websites, emails, and blogs - a library had to (snail) mail letters to its customers to let them know about a special event. Now a librarian can tweet announcments, special programs, and reminders to its patrons in a matter of seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment